Why are all my balances wrong?

Options

Quicken appears to be pulling transactions properly from my financial institutions, but the balances are wildly inaccurate. The financial institutions provide the balance, how can I force Quicken to use those balances rather than inaccurately calculate its own balance?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

WHAT balances are you talking about? In the BALANCE column of the register (which is a calculated value of transactions in the account) OR at the bottom of the register (which is downloaded)? Are the Banking registers sorted in ascending date order (the arrowhead in the DATE column points UP)? Have you clicked the RESET button?

What TYPE of accounts are you discussing? What Financial Institution(s)?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Check to make sure that the Opening Balances of the accounts has not been changed. Quicken has a bad habit of doing that to perfectly good accounts.

Regardless, put the OB in the memo field of the Opening Balance transaction for future reference.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• bmc120669
    bmc120669 Member ✭✭
    edited January 26
    Options

Check your sort feature to make sure it is set to all transactions. If its not, then change it and you should see the accurate numbers. I learned this the hard way.

This discussion has been closed.