Quicken Access to Fidelity Netbenefits 401k

Options
hyyqckn
hyyqckn Member ✭✭

I've been using Quicken with regular brokerage and HSA accounts.

Recently, my 401k account was moved to Fidelity by my previous employer.

So when I log on to my Fidelity account, my previous accounts and my 401k accounts all show up.

But when I try to add the 401k account through Quicken, my Fidelity login credentials do not show the 401k account as available.

I do see that Fidelity has an alternate site for logging directly into the 401k account but I can also see all the 401k account info. through my regular Fidelity login.

Do I need to create a Fidelity Netbenefits 401k account login to add this account in Quicken?

Is anyone using Fidelity with 401k and other account in Quicken? Are you doing it through 1 Fidelity login or you also need a Netbenefits 401k login as well?

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

You probably do need a separate NetBenefits login for the 401K. Just because you can see it through Fidelity's web site doesn't mean it's available through Fidelity's Quicken login. It's the same thing with my Fidelity credit card - I can see it on the web site but I have to use a separate login for Quicken.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

NetBenefits is setup with a separate/different financial institution name. Make sure you are setting it up with Fidelity NetBenefits, not any other Fidelity name.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Also, don't set it up as "Simple investing mode". Fidelity is sending the wrong information for that mode, and it doubles the value of the account.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • greenD2021
    greenD2021 Member ✭✭
    edited January 17
    Options

You definitely need to do the retirement accounts through net benefits. While you can see the account any significant changes need to be done via the net benefits login. I believe you can make investing changes in the regular fidelity login, but you cannot make contribution or other changes there.

This discussion has been closed.