How to categorize RRIF transfers to a savings account

Options
collectv
collectv Member

I want to show the transfer of funds from a RRIF Account to my checking account but I need to show these funds not only as a transfer but as income. Can someone help me please.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @collectv,

If you haven't already done so, I would recommend following the suggestions from this earlier discussion on the topic (click the date to view the discussion):

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• collectv
    collectv Member
    Options

Thanks for your response. Yes, I did as you suggest and selected "Transfer Out" - then on the Tax Schedule Information I selected T1 General RSP Income. I then go into Reports to check income and expense but no income is noted?

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I haven't tried this, but it seems to me that the issue here is that Quicken isn't properly recognizing the RRIF as a tax sheltered deferred income investment.

• collectv
    collectv Member
    Options

I just noticed on Quicken DASHBOARD that system is displaying Year to Date Income and Expense. However, when I check "Reports - Income and Expense by Category", zero income is noted. Suggestions please?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It looks like the tax line assignment/transfer out isn't working in Quicken Windows Canadian.

Here is a workaround.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

For what it is worth, the proper tax line seems to be:

T1 General: Other Pensions/Superann.

Based on what Quicken has as a tax line for RRIF Income. But note I tried changing the Account Details tax line transfer out to this and it still didn't show up (without the workaround above).

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.