Please Add Ability to Add a Transaction on the Security Detail View

Options
BRETTB
BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
edited February 13 in Investing (Windows)

On the pop up window I'm able to see transaction for a particular security and I can click to edit.

It would be nice to add/delete from that screen too.

Just so I don't have to close the screen out and go to register to add or delete.

Tagged:

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just so I don't have to close the screen out and go to register to add or delete.

While currently you do need to go to the transaction list for the applicable account to add or delete a transaction, you do not need to "close the screen out". You can minimize that Security Detail View frame, or move it out of the way.

I am not clear what work flow would have a user making multiple adds or deletes from the Security Detail view rather than an account transaction list.

• BRETTB
    BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

When reconciling acct/shares of a security and I drill down to the Security Detail View to see all the transaction for a particular transaction. I can edit/change but not add a missing one while I'm on that screen.

This is just a user friendly suggestion. I'm thinking developer just over looked it.

Just a pain if I can do some editing but not all like add or delete while on that screen. Yes I know I can go back but after doing quite a bit, it's a pain.

I tried to put this under New Idea but at time, website would not so posted here.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Another way to see all the transactions for one security in a account is to click on the Security header of the Transaction list (register) to sort the transactions by Security. You can then review the transactions and edit them if necessary.

If you are looking at the Security Detail view and the security is held in more than one account, the transactions for all accounts will be intermingled.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.