How can I "unhide" a loan account?

Options
jpedi
jpedi Member ✭✭

I have a few loan accounts that somehow got marked in Display Options as "Hide in transaction entry lists". The checkbox is checked but grayed out and I can't change it. It apparently happened a couple of months ago without my noticing it. They are not new accounts and at one time they were not hidden. I can't find any global preferences that might have caused it. Anyone have any clues?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8
    Options

Is the account closed?

If so, that forces that setting to "hide" and can't be changed. This is one reason I never close any accounts in Quicken Windows, you can't reopen them (you can in Quicken Mac).

If it isn't a closed account, then maybe is another artifact of having a "connected loan account". Online loan accounts hide the register.

EDIT: Come to think of it, one of the problems people keep reporting is that their online load accounts are being marked closed when they aren't really closed. Given that has happened it would make sense that the "hide" checkbox got selected and can't be changed, because the account is marked closed even if you didn't do it.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jpedi
    jpedi Member ✭✭
    Options

There is no indication I can see that they have been closed in the system and one even shows data downloaded earlier when I ran an update. The connected account aspect might be a clue though. The one that worked is a bank loan with a separate access/download from the bank's checking account whereas the ones hidden are with a credit union that has multiple accounts: loans, checking and savings. Only the loans are hidden.

I don't close any accounts either since I found for instance in the case of a credit card account it deletes past transactions and trashes the bank account I paid from.

This discussion has been closed.