Tax Schedule report shows categories that are not selected.

Options
AllanDB
AllanDB Member ✭✭
edited February 10 in Reports (Windows)

I ran the Tax Schedule report in Quicken Classic Deluxe on a Windows 10 PC and found a weird anomaly.

I ran the report to isolate each individual tax item (i.e. charity, property tax, etc.) by clearing all the available categories and then only selecting the category I wanted for that report, i.e. charity, property tax, etc. Also, all transfers are excluded.

When I ran the reports, my payment for my Long Term Care policy (categorized as medical and assigned to tax line in Schedule A as medical) showed up in all the reports even though no medical categories were selected. Also, if I ran the reports for earlier years, the same thing happened. The LTC payment for that earlier year showed up in that earlier year’s report; again, even if no medical categories were selected.

I then validated the file and reran the reports, but the problem still persists.

I then changed the LTC policy category from a subcategory of medical to a subcategory of insurance (leaving the tax line assignment on Schedule A as medical) and then the various reports by category (i.e. charity, property tax) worked fine, including for prior years.

However, I would much prefer to have the LTC payments as a subcategory of medical, not insurance, but I can not figure out how to make the individual category by category tax schedule reports not show the LTC policy if the LTC policy is a medical subcategory, even when that is not the category selected.

Any help would be appreciated

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try clicking on "Switch back to old interface" at the bottom of the report customization then restarting Quicken.

Please let us know if this fixes it, or if the unwanted Categories are still included in the report.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try clicking on "Switch back to old interface" at the bottom of the report customization then restarting Quicken.

Please let us know if this fixes it, or if the unwanted Categories are still included in the report.

QWin Premier subscription
  • AllanDB
    AllanDB Member ✭✭
    Options

That suggestion worked. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.