Does Citizens Bank still support Quicken Connect?

Options
kcoghlan7
kcoghlan7 Member

Mac - Quicken Classic Deluxe

I know that Citizens Bank communicated back in 2022 that they would no longer support what I am calling "Quicken Connect". (I think the process was that the bank would send its data to Quicken. Then, when I requested "Update" w/in Quicken, the data would get pulled in from files housed by Quicken.)

In any event, despite Citizen Bank's communication from 2022, and the alert w/in Quicken that says, "Quicken cannot connect to this account", the data still gets updated into my Checking account. When I speak to Citizens, the best I can get is them saying that I must use their online banking, and grab the txns manually.

But Quicken Connect still works. (Unless, I am totally clueless.) So, very weird. Did the Citizens Bank IT Department just not turn off the processes/jobs for sending files to Quicken? How long can I skate along until someone turns off those jobs?

Any insights appreciated.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Which Citizens Bank are you banking at. In Quicken, there are 88 entries for "Citizens Bank".

For what it's worth, I am in Pennsylvania and use "Citizens Bank - Mid Atl Cons. Web", I have no alerts from updating, and it still works as recently as an hour ago. 😉

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • kcoghlan7
    kcoghlan7 Member
    Options

Very interesting. Below I am pasting a screen print regarding the error. You can see the bank name is similar, but not exactly the same. Maybe I will try redoing the connection using the bank name you provided. Just strange that the folks at the telephone help for Citizens say they don't support direct download. They only support the method of going into the online banking app and downloading the txns. And in this Quicken community, I just found a copy of the communication from Citizens from 2022 saying there were stopping support for direct download (and now I remember receiving it). All very mysterious that it still works, apparently.

By the by, I am from Pennsylvania. I have lived in Idaho since 2016, and never really found a need to change my transaction bank. So, I must have setup this Quicken connection at least 10 years ago, or much longer.

Thanks for your input.

• jimsfl
    jimsfl Member
    Options

I did receive that communication from CBPA last year they have 2 different types of downloading:

• Web Connect
    • One stop update

I can not get web connect to work to DL older transactions and import into Q.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@kcoghlan7 I'm sorry I missed seeing your post earlier this month in this thread. One thing I'd note iOS that in the screen shot you posted, the bank is identified as "Citizens Bk-Mid-Atl Con". I'm not clear whether that is the same or different than the one I'm connected to — which continues to work! — that is labeled as "Citizens Bank - Mid Atl Cons. Web". In Quicken, click on this account and click Settings > Downloads to see if the Financial Institution name you have is the same one I have:

@jimsfl said: I can not get web connect to work to DL older transactions

Just too be clear about this, are you logging into the Citizens Bank website (citizensbankonline.com), and selecting your account so you're in the Transactions tab viewing your transactions? The website will download what's visible on screen, so have you then scrolled to the bottom and clicked "Show More", repeating this until there are no more "Show More" buttons to click? When I do this, I see transactions going back 18 months — to July 2022. That is apparently as far back as Citizens Bank allows you to view or download transactions. I then click the Export button back near the top on the right, selecting "Quicken® Using WebConnect". The resulting .qfx file includes all the transactions shown onscreen — so 18 months of history. If you're looking to download transactions older than 18 months, I think you're out of luck.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.