Undesired categories appearing in Spending By Category report

Options
guackqui
guackqui Member, Windows Beta Beta
edited March 14 in Reports (Windows)

If I create a "custom" Spending by Category report, each time that I modify the categories that I wish to include in the report, Quicken randomly includes other categories that I had not selected. Usually, but not always, this includes all the "_XXX" categories as wall as many of the "(XXX" categories that are in Quicken by default. I can go in and manually uncheck these (with a lot of work) but then if I do another iteration, a near-random set of these undesired (unchecked) categories reappears. I'd love to know if anyone else experiences this problem and if any solution has been found — this is just another example imho of Quicken failing to fix the basics of the program while focusing on adding entirely worthless functionality

Tagged:

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Before customizing, be sure to select Show hidden categories (those are the ones in (parentheses)) then Clear all to make sure they are de-selected.

And try clicking on "Switch back to old interface" at the bottom of the report customization then restarting Quicken.

Please let us know if this fixes it, or if the unwanted Categories are still included in the report.

QWin Premier subscription
  • guackqui
    guackqui Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I have (previously, and many times) tried both of those things. Neither helps.

• GlennQuackenbush
    Options

I have the same issue with unwanted categories showing up in EVERY report. I have switched back to the old interface and the problem seems to be resolved. Seems like this should be posted in the Known Issues category.

• ninaemel
    ninaemel Member
    Options

I had the same problem. Tried the above fixes but that did not work for me. Used a good report from another year, customized it to the new year and it solved the problem for me.

• Bill S123
    Bill S123 Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

I had a similar problem. Category Tax Spouse:Fed would show up in every report even when I didn't want it. It wasn't showing up in the report set up screen as a category to be selected or cleared. I switched to the old interface and the Category WAS present in the report set up screen and I could deselect it, which allowed me to generate the desired report without the field present. So there is some problem with the new report set up screens.

This discussion has been closed.