Quicken Mac vs Quicken PC - anyway for them to talk to each other?

Options
lokhtar
lokhtar Member

I have quicken deluxe premier and frustrated that the two are so different and don't talk to each other. I have both Mac and PC and I would love for there to be one program. They also work differently.

Example: I have retirement accounts in Prudential and the PC version doesn't connect at all - it asks for account numbers and other things that you have to work around for, while the Mac version just asks for a username/password like normal and it works.

Anyone having the same issue?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10
    Options

To answer the first question no there is no way for the two different quicken operating system versions to talk to each other.

In reference to theIn reference to the second Yes it's very possible for the two different programs to have different behaviors for the same financial institution. Typically if it's direct connect then it will behave the same on both because the connection type is exactly the same. This is true of web connect where you download a QFX file too. But for the other connection types even though they are similar they're not exactly the same and therefore can experience different behaviors.

The most you can do report the problems and hope they get fixed. You might want to contact Quicken support.

EDIT both programs have very long histories that are different from each other and that's why they're different not to mention Mac users expect a different GUI experience than windows users.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.