When Quicken Saves

Options
T l
T l Member

In the vast majority of computer software, it DOES NOT SAVE until I tell it to. IF a drastic error occurs, no loss, simply close out, and reopen the original file. UNFORTUNATELY I have not found that capability in Quicken. IF a severe error occurs, it seems to automatically save the error UNLESS I am able to knowingly reverse the error before closing, NOT ALWAYS easy. Yesterday, while working in an account with many entries, the whole account went empty AFTER making many updates. I restored from a backup, but this is doing it the hard way. I should have been able to save after each correct entry, then NOT save after file suffered severe error. Please put very high priority on having your SAVE function work the same as on ALL other software that I know of. thank you

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When entering transactions, Quicken saves (commits the change to the database) after each transaction, if you have sounds turned on, it gives a cha-ching sound at that time.

There is a "save" icon amongst the icons on the transaction at the right, the same icon looks like a floppy disk .

I get the same end result when I hit the "enter" key to finish entering the information of a transaction.

So, while Quicken doesn't have a "Save" entry on the File menu like lots of other programs, it doesn't need one.

I don't know what caused you to lose all of the transactions in your account, but it had nothing to do with Quicken's lack of a Save entry on the File menu.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.