What is showing as a Separate Account

Options
Roy Van Brunt
Roy Van Brunt Member ✭✭✭

There is a balance showing in the account bar. How do I find what/where it is. I have no memory of having started one, and no way to make it disappear

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It could be that the Separate account is both separate & hidden. Look at the Account List (Tools menu) and check the box in lower left corner to show hidden accounts. Then at the far right of the Account List window, (use scroll bar), and look for an account with the same amount as shown at the bottom of the Account Bar.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Even if one selects both separate and hidden you should still be able to find it from the account bar.

The "hidden" accounts will show up in "More Accounts". Given one only hides zero balance accounts this becomes very obvious that the More Accounts balance isn't zero for some reason. Anyways, clicking on the More Accounts gives you a list of all the accounts under it, and their balances.

When one selects "separate" these behave the exact same way, but will be under Separate:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

P.S. When I said "selects hidden (or separate)" I'm talking about either from Tools → Manage Hidden Accounts… or from the Account Details → Display Options tab of a given account.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Roy Van Brunt
    Roy Van Brunt Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks, all. I searched the account list, found the ones marked SEparate, and checking exch one, located two that seemed too have balances that accounted for the amount being shown. No idea how that had postings that left amounts in them, bud did what was needed to resolve. I do appreciate the Community's input

This discussion has been closed.