Why don't my Fidelity Managed IRA cash balances match?

Options
Michael Heady
Michael Heady Member ✭✭
edited February 13 in Investing (Mac)

If I compare my positions on the Fidelity website with those in Quicken Classic for Mac, the cash balances don't match? The Quicken cash balance is just over $10K higher than the website balance? Has anyone else experienced this? Also, is there a way to manually adjust the cash balance in my portfolio in Quicken Classic for Mac?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are you tracking shares of your Core Account money market fund in Quicken? If so, that is likely the cause. In general, Fidelity downloads the value of the Core Account as Cash Balance and not as shares but they do not follow that practice flawlessly. You can read more about this and how to address it in the thread at this link: Downloads from Fidelity do not included activity into the settlement fund.

Note: This referenced thread was written for QWin, not QMac, but the last person posting in it is a QMac user and said that with a few modifications the steps to correct/manage the issue works for QMac, as well.

If it does not appear to be related to how Fidelity downloads the Core Account into Quicken: What troubleshooting steps have you taken?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are you tracking shares of your Core Account money market fund in Quicken? If so, that is likely the cause. In general, Fidelity downloads the value of the Core Account as Cash Balance and not as shares but they do not follow that practice flawlessly. You can read more about this and how to address it in the thread at this link: Downloads from Fidelity do not included activity into the settlement fund.

Note: This referenced thread was written for QWin, not QMac, but the last person posting in it is a QMac user and said that with a few modifications the steps to correct/manage the issue works for QMac, as well.

If it does not appear to be related to how Fidelity downloads the Core Account into Quicken: What troubleshooting steps have you taken?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.