Custom-To-Date not updating...

Options
MattT
MattT Member ✭✭✭✭

R53.32 / 27.1.53.32

At some point since the start of 2024 or some Quicken update near that time, the Custom-To-Date has not worked as it did prior to end of 2023. Prior to near the end of 2023, the Custom-To-Date in the Reports Section (Net Worth graph, etc.), the End Date would be dimmed at the current date. To update the Net Worth graph (e.g.), I would open the Customize Graph window, check that the End Date was correct at the current date, hit Enter and the Graph would update.

Now, when I go to the Customize Graph window, the dimmed End Date remains on the date of the last customization (e.g. as of today, 01/14/2024, the End Date read 01/07/2024). To change the End Date, I have to go to the Selection box and select a different time period, then re-select the Custom-To-Date. Unfortunately, this reverts the Start Date to the earliest transaction date, and readjusting to the desired Start Date is necessary to back to the desired settings.

The Custom-To-Date End Date is not keeping up with the current date, as it has in prior revisions of Quicken. Will this be fixed? If not, then at least make the End Date a user changeable variable, although that's a little odd since "To-Date" is a common Accounting term referring data, reporting, etc. as of today's date.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You might want to go to Edit > Preferences > Early Access > uncheck the boxes for Reports & Graphs Center and Customize Reports > OK.

Maybe this will resolve the issue?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

@MattT - Thanks for confirming this worked for you. Easy Access was added as kind of a Beta improvement within the last couple of months…can't remember the exact date or version update. It's been causing some issues with reports but being so new to Quicken it often does not come up in the post threads as a possible cause when issues with reports are identified. Fortunately, when it is the cause then simply deactivating the preference resolves it.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is this happening in all reports, or just some? I can't reproduce it in R53.32. Below is a saved report of mine and the end date (today) is correct. Name a specific report and I will try with that.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Also, are you referring to a saved previously customized report or to a default report that you are trying to customize?

If it is a saved previously customized report it might be that the report needs to be recreated, recustomized and then saved (either with a new name or over the existing saved report name). Saved reports will sometimes (not very often) get corrupted and when that happens they cannot be fixed. The only solution is to start all over from scratch.

• MattT
    MattT Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I first noticed this is the Net Worth Summary Report, the graph you can place on the HOME tab, as well as the Growth of $10k graph, also on the HOME tab. When I customize those graphs in the CURRENT version of Quicken, the "To:" date does not update to today's date (1/18/2024) as shown below:

Prior to some Quicken version change around the end of the year, when I opened this Customize dialog box from either of the graphs, the "To:" date would have updated to today's date, which makes sense as that is the purpose of the "Custom to date" range. Now, from here, to correct to today's date, I have to select a different Date Range, and then reselect the Custom to Date range; however, the "From:" date will have defaulted back to the first transaction date in my file and I will need to reset it, in this case to "12/31/2022".

Something has changed.

I hope this better explains my question.

• RichardCSchreyer
    RichardCSchreyer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

R54.9 update seems to resolve this problem

• MattT
    MattT Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately, r54.9 did not resolve this problem, for me. Date this a.m. still showed 1/14/24, the last time I updated those graphs.

• jreck1957
    jreck1957 Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. On all of my dashboard reports, I have custom to date selected. The "to date" portion is greyed out and does not update with the current date.

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

You might want to go to Edit > Preferences > Early Access > uncheck the boxes for Reports & Graphs Center and Customize Reports > OK.

Maybe this will resolve the issue?

• MattT
    MattT Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2
    Options

Boatnmaniac, yes, de-selecting these two fields resolved the problem. I've never been to the "Easy Access" screen before; I don't know if that is a new screen that came in via one of the updates or what, but unchecking those boxes solved the issue. Thank you!

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

@MattT - Thanks for confirming this worked for you. Easy Access was added as kind of a Beta improvement within the last couple of months…can't remember the exact date or version update. It's been causing some issues with reports but being so new to Quicken it often does not come up in the post threads as a possible cause when issues with reports are identified. Fortunately, when it is the cause then simply deactivating the preference resolves it.

• jreck1957
    jreck1957 Member
    Options

Thank you for the solution on the Custom to Date not working. This fixed the problem. Much appreciated!

• rrbeck11
    rrbeck11 Member ✭✭
    Options

I've had a similar issue for as long as I've been using graphs. Currently using 55.26. Early access boxes unchecked. One the Home→Performance tab, I have a bunch of graphs, some of which are set to display Last 12 Months, others are Custom to Date. For the Custom to Date graphs, I have to select Customize , then OK to get the current date, otherwise it displays the month and year of my last update. Any ideas?

• Boatnmaniac
    Options