Why doesn't Quicken Mac version have rental property function?

Options

Quicken Business and personal window version has rental property function for quite some time. Why I am paying the same amount subscription by using Mac, it sill doesn't have this function? Why it took long time to develop the same function for two different operating system???

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken Windows has had 30+ years to develop its features (40+ if you include the DOS versions). Quicken Mac was totally rewritten starting in 2008 and it was stop and start for several of those years. What's more Quicken Mac NEVER has had any business or rental features until the recent push into starting to create the business features.

Also, even though today there are a lot more Quicken Mac developers than there were when Intuit owned Quicken, the Windows development group is larger than the Quicken Mac development group. And it should be, there are more Quicken Windows users than there are Quicken Mac users.

The subscription includes both Quicken Windows and Quicken Mac, most likely if you are a Quicken Mac only user at this point the Deluxe edition is probably the best choice for almost everyone.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@mickiliu , QMac is getting there noting that up until 4 to 6 weeks ago there zero business capability which there now is, albeit at its very early days. In time more features will be added with the hope — at least mine — that I will be able to make teh jump from QWin → QMac.

This discussion has been closed.