Bills and Income - Projected Balances

Options

I use the Projected Balances feature more than any other feature on Quicken. I believe a change was made a few years ago that removes an UNPAID bill from the Projected Balances page after the due date is past. I feel it is much more useful to keep this unpaid bill on this page to remind a user that they have a past due bill. I also seem to remember that the windows version of Projected Balances allows for a custom date range that extends more than a year but the Mac version does not have this feature. I found the custom date feature extremely useful.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

One problem I see at least in the Windows version is that it doesn't show the "past". It starts as of today, but here is what it does do for past bills/income. It shows it as if it is in the account balance and click on the first point gives:

It seems to me while having overdue bills work this way, having overdue income is dangerous when it is shown in the account when it hasn't yet got there.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 15
    Options

Maybe I'm not understanding the issue. When I look at the Projected Balances screen in a test file with some unpaid (prior to today) expenses and deposits, those items appear in the register below the graph, with red clock icons in the status column. The Upcoming Total at the top of the screen includes these unpaid expenses/undeposited income.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993