How do I add more fields to invoice layout than what's provided?

SittingAtDesk
SittingAtDesk Quicken Windows Subscription Member

How to add the following fields in the invoice layout editor: Terms, ship date, and ship via. I'm already using all the other fields and have none left to rename and use.

I'm using Quicken Classic Business & Personal for Windows.

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The only field available to you would be the Message to Customer box which has space for several lines of text.
    Sorry, but there are no customer-definable fields available that you can add to your invoice.

An alternative would be to create an invoice line item for $0.00 with the desired boiler-plate text and add it to each new invoice.

• UKR
    Answer ✓

Sorry, none that I'm aware of.
    For Windows, there's only Quicken Business and Personal.
    And for the Mac users, there's only a rudimentary Mac Business version which hasn't learned how to do invoicing yet.

What you can do is dig a little thru the Product Ideas for Windows Classic posted here in the Community and, if there is none about your suggestion yet, create your own Idea post.
    Explain what you need in detail. If possible, show an image of a sample invoice or the new invoice data entry dialog, amended to include your new data fields in the suggested positions and attach it to your Idea post. Please don't forget to black out any personal information in the image.

For additional information about idea posts please read

Answers

• UKR
    Answer ✓

The only field available to you would be the Message to Customer box which has space for several lines of text.
    Sorry, but there are no customer-definable fields available that you can add to your invoice.

An alternative would be to create an invoice line item for $0.00 with the desired boiler-plate text and add it to each new invoice.

• SittingAtDesk

Thanks for the reply. Are there any other Quicken software versions that will allow me to add user-defined fields?

• UKR
    Answer ✓

Sorry, none that I'm aware of.
    For Windows, there's only Quicken Business and Personal.
    And for the Mac users, there's only a rudimentary Mac Business version which hasn't learned how to do invoicing yet.

What you can do is dig a little thru the Product Ideas for Windows Classic posted here in the Community and, if there is none about your suggestion yet, create your own Idea post.
    Explain what you need in detail. If possible, show an image of a sample invoice or the new invoice data entry dialog, amended to include your new data fields in the suggested positions and attach it to your Idea post. Please don't forget to black out any personal information in the image.

For additional information about idea posts please read

• SittingAtDesk

Okay, thanks again for the reply. I appreciate your help. I'll just stick with QuickBooks. I've been trying to make the switch as I don't need alot of the heavy features of it, but if I can't add a few custom fields to the invoice, that's a deal-breaker.

Thanks again!

• JoelC
    JoelC Quicken Canada Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

@SittingAtDesk I agree that this is a challenge but, as a workaround, I use the item entry lines and type whatever additional ites / messages I need in those with no dollar cost associated with them. Quicken does allow for this.

Like you I did not want the overhead of QuikBooks and find this to be a reasonable — but less than ideal — compromise.

PS. The other options — which works but is less elegant — is to print the invoice to a PDF and then modify using Adobe Acrobat Pro (or something like it) which works extremely well!

This discussion has been closed.