Wells Fargo Posting to Wrong Bank Account (WF to Dell)

Options
CMXQkn
CMXQkn Member

The Quicken / Wells Fargo two Letter download mess is one thing; but this a.m. muddle just made my day…

Wells Fargo / Quicken downloaded my Wells Fargo Autograph Credit Card directly into my Dell Account. I do not want to add it to the Dell acct., I do not want to delete it and there's no way to move the transaction to the correct account (Wells Fargo Autograph Credit Card) prior to doing and of the above mentioned tasks.

Chalk this in the mix mess of Wells Fargo and Quicken Two-Letter downloads that I have to sit and hand-input, now this and this 30+ year disgruntled customer has almost had enough… and now it's tax season…

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What do you mean by "two Letter download"? I have not heard of that before.

Also, did you recently reauthorize your WF credit card? If so, that can sometimes mismatch the download setup to incorrect accounts. It is really important to make sure that the download/account matching process is done correctly to avoid this issue:

1. TYPE: Is the Type shown correctly? If not, correct it before proceeding or cancel the set up and start over.
    2. NICKNAME IN QUICKEN: Is the Nickname shown correctly? If not, correct it before proceeding or start over. (If it is wrong and you do not correct it, there is a high probability that the download setup will be linked to the wrong account.)
    3. ACTION: Make sure the download is Linked to the correct account. If is not, correct it before proceeding or cancel the set up and start over.

Since it appears that your WF credit card is now incorrectly linked to your Dell Account: You need to go to the Online Services tab of Account Details (of your Dell Account) and click on Deactivate. Then go to Add Account and start the setup process to connect to WF, again, making sure to carefully review the TYPE, NICKNAME and ACTION so this time it connects properly to your WF credit card.

Also, please explain why you can not move the transaction to your WF credit card that was wrongly downloaded to Dell. You should be able to do that by right clicking on the transaction, then click on Move Transaction and then select your WF credit card account from the drop-down. That should move the transaction from your Dell Account to your WF credit card account.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

This discussion has been closed.