why is quicken windows subtracting not adding when I got a raise in my SS & VA benefit

Diehl_40
Diehl_40 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

all my benefits were adding to my balance until I got the raise in January. I am using Quicken Classic windows.I tried to delete the paper clip and the word payment in the payment collum but it keeps coming back

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18

These are payments you receive and are being deposited to your checking account? "Payment" in Quicken refers to a bill you pay. They should be, instead, income deposits.

How are these deposits being entered into Quicken? Manually each month? Or downloaded from your bank? Or are you using Reminders for them?

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• Diehl_40
    Diehl_40 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Thank you for your reply. The whole problem was that I had to change all my acct. numbers do to a scam. The balance from my old account was added to my new acct. Then is was deducted from the new acct. since it was in red I took a chance and deleted it and it fixed every thing.I wasn't sure what would happen but cross my fingers and deleted that entry. Thank you again for answering my question

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad to hear you got it all figured out and corrected. Thanks for letting me know.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

This discussion has been closed.