REPOST Please vote to restore the 90-day view filter in "Projected Balances" (Q Mac)

Options
KevinB
KevinB Member ✭✭✭

This discussion - first posted in Oct 23 - was closed even though the problem still exists. REPOSTING to see if someone will latch onto this pretty simple fix in one of these numerous updates…

In "Bills and Income" on Quicken for Mac, users can filter the view in the Projected Balances screen by time horizon, account, and transaction type. The time horizon used to include a 90-day view, which was after 60 days and before 6 months. During an update in April it was removed, supposedly by accident. Customer chat told me people have to "vote" to put it back, so please like this post and maybe it will get some attention?

Comments

• JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

90 days would be helpful to me.

-Jay
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 17
    Options

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• KevinB
    KevinB Member ✭✭✭
    Options

that’s great. It was a feature that existed before that was removed. Instead of planning, quicken should just put it back.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@KevinB When an Idea thread is marked as "Planned", it means that (a) the developers agree, (b) they've researched what would be required to implement it, and (c) they have assigned it a specific time on their calendar. I agree that this seems like an an easy-to-implement request, but every feature change has to be documented, programmed and tested. Sometimes, they wait until there are multiple items dealing with one section of the program code in order to tackle them all at once. So yes, it needs to be "planned". And while this is useful to some people, it's not as critical a need as other things which have come ahead of it. But hopefully they'll slip this in sooner rather than later.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • KevinB
    KevinB Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@jacobs Thank you for that informative response. I am frustrated because the developers removed the feature in an update sometime in 2023, apparently unintentionally, so it's unfortunate it takes so long to restore what was working before and for which there was no need to delete. That said, it's not the end of the world. Again, thanks for taking the time to share that background info. In the meantime, I await every update waiting to see if the 90-gift ends up under the update tree! 😀

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@KevinB Yup, I understand your frustration with the situation. Sometimes small "mistakes" like this get quickly corrected in the next release, and that's what I originally expected would happen with this issue. For some reason, it seems it went back into the larger pot of projects, where it has to make its way to the top. We unfortunately get no insights from the developers why some things are quickly fixed and others sit in limbo for months or more. All we can do is wait to see what the next release brings… 😉

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.