American Express Not Updating

Options
John Robinson
John Robinson Member ✭✭

For almost 2 months now, I have not been able to download Amex transactions. Yes, I have deactivated and reactivated numerous times. No error message, but nothing is downloaded. Windows 10 using Quicken Classic Business & Personal. I have been a Quicken user since v1 - 1983 - and the program is the worst it has ever been. Support spent 2 sessions with me sharing the screen. Did everything asked - then it was "escalated." That was a month ago. No resolution and no help. Looking for a new solution - guess what? [Removed - 3rd-Party Software] can download Amex transactions with no issue. Also Best Buy, which Quicken hasn't been able to do for 2 months. Fix the issue.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Instead of a deactivate / reactivate sequence have you tried this:

Try deactivating all your AmEx cards, then stop and restart Quicken.
    Now use Tools / Add Account (or the "+" icon in the Account Sidebar title) to add these cards as if they were new.
    Type in American Express as the bank name and select it, not American Express Bank or any of the other choices.
    Follow the instructions. If you still get the 2nd signin failure, click Sign in to open the request in your browser and proceed. This should succeed unless you're some extremely high security settings in your browser which keeps blocking the procedure.
    When you eventually get to the list of accounts found at the bank be sure to click the Link button for each account and select the correct account register for each of your cards.

• RandomUserName123
    RandomUserName123 Member ✭✭
    edited January 18
    Options

I've had the same problem since early November 2023 and have done everything OP listed, plus UKR. My partner has Amex cards under a separate Amex login that are working no problem.

I posted my own:

• John Robinson
    John Robinson Member ✭✭
    edited January 18
    Options

None of that works… I even tried starting a complete new file and adding the accounts as new. Amex will not download transactions. Subscription is up in April. I will probably be switching to Empower. Tested it today and every single Amex transaction comes across with no issue. Since it was sold in 2016 it has been issue after issue. I think I am finally done.

• RandomUserName123
    RandomUserName123 Member ✭✭
    edited January 19
    Options

@John Robinson I even went so far as to sign up for a completely new Amex card and tied it to a new Amex login and same result. [Removed - Rant/No Soliciting]

This discussion has been closed.