American Express not updating

Options

Since early November 2023, an American Express credit card that has reliably downloaded since roughly 2007 suddenly stopped. There is no error — the download transactions runs normally and appears to complete — but there are no new transactions. I've contacted support multiple times and have reset account, removed and re-added connectivity within the account, and removed and then re-added by adding a new account and then linking it at the end. I've turned off firewalls when connecting and downloading. Each time, there appear to be no errors or problems, and after re-linking it says downloaded transactions for 1,xxx days, but there is nothing new.

My partner has another Amex card which is tied to a different Amex login and this works fine. I'm so desperate I even signed up for a new Amex card, put it under a different (third) Amex login, and still no transactions downloaded. It started the new account with a small negative starting balance and then nothing.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @RandomUserName123,

Do you happen to have any of the ticket numbers that were given to you during your interaction with Support?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• RandomUserName123
    Options

Hi Jasmine,

During the first support chat, I was not offered a ticket number. During a subsequent, it was 10678828.

• RandomUserName123
    Options

Two other tidbits. I reached out to Amex and was promptly directed back to Quicken support. They wouldn't say but it sounded like the rep wasn't hearing this problem for the first time. Also, I tried using my iPhone hotspot and going out that for internet connectivity and went through the dis- and re-connect processes and got the same exact result.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

This issue is a known issue which has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10595083)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jack_kuss
    jack_kuss Member
    Options

I'm still waiting too! Reported this early November 2023 (ticket# 10595083). Been a Quicken customer for more than 25 years and NEVER had to wait this long for a fix! Time to find a solution…

• Jon_sacks
    Jon_sacks Member ✭✭
    Options

For those following, there is a work around to get your transactions. Go on-line to American Express and in your transaction details, you can search by date and then download the transactions as displayed. Not letting Quicken off the hook, just advising that the Quicken Web Connect via the web does work.

I can confirm as of today 2/5/24 this is still not fixed.

• Eyeshades
    Eyeshades Member
    Options

Same problem continues as of 02/12/2024.

• koschak
    koschak Member
    Options

Got to get this fixed. Has wrecked my reconciliation process as well. Way overdue.

This discussion has been closed.