One of my investment accounts is not showing transactions, how do I get them back?

Options
MMSoto
MMSoto Member
edited February 20 in Investing (Mac)

All of the sudden one of my investment accounts is showing four empty panels, and no transactions. The value on the account list looks correct, and other investment accounts look fine. I already verified that the General settings for the account is set to "Complete" not "Simple", so I have no idea what happened or what triggered the bug. I had just entered a transaction (I enter them by hand, not downloaded), so it is possible I hit a bad hotkey somewhere, but I have been using Quicken since 1995 and this had never happened before. Help?

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

one of my investment accounts is showing four empty panels

You're talking about the Dashboard screen? Is it possible the time ranges need to be set to a longer/different period?

no transactions

So you switch to the Transactions tab, and there are no transactions at all? And no filters restricting the time range?

Click Settings for the account, and see if Investment Tracking Method somehow got changed to Simple; if so, can you change it back to Detailed.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This question is in a Mac category, but OP's profile says Windows.

Which is it, @MMSoto ?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• MMSoto
    MMSoto Member
    Options

Sorry about that, I didn't notice that it went under Mac.

As I said, the problem appeared out of the blue, and the account was NOT set to "Simple" in the settings. In any case, I attempted to restore from backup, and that made the problem go away.

This discussion has been closed.