REALLY BAD - Portfolio Value Reports - ANYONE ELSE

Options
Ron n Round Rock
Ron n Round Rock Member ✭✭✭
edited March 17 in Reports (Windows)

Is anyone else having problems with their Portfolio Value Reports?

My Portfolio Value Reports, the ones I have been running for years, are now a bunch of junk - showing stocks I bought years ago.

And in particular, the reports seem to be listing a bunch of Short Sells, some from 20+ years ago.

WHAT IS GOING ON - and again, I have been using these reports for years.

ron in shawnee

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There has been wide-spread problems reported with the Portfolio Value Report. The general response - until Quicken fixes this - is to go back to a prior version of Quicken.

• Ron n Round Rock
    Options

Thanks Tom-

I did a search and didn't see anything else about the problem - so thanks for making me feel better.

ron in shawnee

• brent21
    brent21 Member
    Options

I have this same problem. It would be nice if Quicken provided an explanation, suggestions for work around, and timeline for fixing the issue. Do you know which is most recent Quicken version that does not have the issue.

• Ron n Round Rock
    Options

brent21-

No, have no idea what is going on here - just know it is present in Ver R54.16, Build 27.1.54.16. I am using the Portfolio Value Report (only real option to do this) - but I am trying to track some of my recent investments by year.

However, I will say it was (and still is) working fine for tracking my 2023 investments, but it is the 2024 investment tracking that is screwed up. Bought some Amazon in January, but the report is showing a 300 share purchase at ~$64 / share and a 200 share sell at ~$21 / share - neither one being close to correct.

In the report, the Basis ($4,183.89) for the 200 share sell matches exactly a 200 share Short-Sell (yeah, dumb me) I did back in 2003, but don't know where the purchase price came from. Just doesn't make any sense - but wondering if the short-sell is screwing things up.

ron in shawnee

• Martin5502
    Martin5502 Member ✭✭
    Options

I also have the issue with hundreds of closed options positions from many years back now showing on the Portfolio Value Report. I have been using Quicken for 25+ years and it just started occurring since the R53.32 update a few days ago. Very bad. Please fix this.

This discussion has been closed.