Quicken Mac is not picking Up the Dollar amounts for the SWGXX distributions

Options
robert m
robert m Member ✭✭

This has been a problem for two years yet when anyone posts about the problem, the "discussion" is closed without resolution.

Tagged:

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I believe the discussions are closed because two years ago, Schwab changed the way they export data to Quicken and other applications, treating the money market fund as cash rather than a separate security. I don't think Quicken can do anything to change that, because it was Schwab's decision and implementation.

It means that to reconcile your Schwab printed or online statement to Quicken, you need to add cash and the money market fund together to compare to Quicken. That's inconvenient, but not an insurmountable problem. On the plus side, there aren't Buy and Sell transactions when you move money into and out of your Schwab account.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • robert m
    robert m Member ✭✭
    Options

I've assumed that the problem is on Quicken's end given that Schwab is sending a dividend transaction but no dollar amount shows up on Quicken. Maybe Schwab is not sending a dollar amount to Quicken or the dividend transaction that Schwab sends is formatted wrong and the amount is not picked up. I'll try sending a message to Schwab. If Schwab says something useful, I'll post it.

You are correct in saying that there are no longer multiple pointless buy and sell transactions accumulating in the register.

There other types of transactions from Schwab that are not handled correctly in Quicken Mac, such as bond redemptions, that require manual corrections. But those don't occur on monthly basis in each of my accounts as do the money market dividend payments.

Thank you for responding.

This discussion has been closed.