Quicken renaming rules continuously disappear

Options
enikon
enikon Member ✭✭

I have continuous problems with renaming rules.

Last summer I transferred my Quicken file to a new laptop. Unlike every other time I did this, this time the renaming list was empty when I opened the file on the new laptop.

I talked to Quicken, and they told me than on a PC (unlike a Mac) the renaming rules are not stored in the file (odd, it has always been there in the past, but whatever).

I spent a LOT of time recreating the rules, by looking at my old file on the old computer.

All was fine for a few weeks, then all disappeared again. Now I no longer have the old computer, so I just recreate each when a transaction downloads that should be renamed. However, they still keep disappearing. Today I am looking at it and I only have 5 rules, after months of adding and adding new ones. This is getting very frustrating.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I can assure you that support gave you a BS answer. The renaming rules are in the individual data files. Proof is that creating a new data file has no renaming rules in it.

I have no idea what is causing you renaming rules to vanish, good luck finding an answer.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.