Wrong financial institution for 2 Synchrony credit cards

Options
Kathy P.
Kathy P. Member ✭✭✭

Is there any way to change the financial institution? I have 2 Synchrony credit cards but when I try to add them under Synchrony I can't find that option. I have JCPenney and Mitsubishi Home Design and they both keep using JCPenney as the financial institution. They download okay for some reason but I want to correct it.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Synchrony probably has hundreds of different credit cards branded a hundred different ways. It seems like some of their credit cards do download into Quicken and some don't. Be thankful that you are getting downloads.

The fact that the "Financial Institution" shown of the General tab of the Account Details doesn't match up to the name on the face of the credit card doesn't affect anything, really. You can simply put the name on the face of the card into the Quicken Account name.

• Kathy P.
    Kathy P. Member ✭✭✭
    Options

So you are saying this is a Synchrony issue? I spoke too soon about getting downloads. Now it seems the only way to do it is to deactivate one of the accounts and then reactivate it. Seems like a lot of work but like you say, at least it does download.

This discussion has been closed.