Import security prices from csv file changed / broken ?

Options
Dave42
Dave42 Member ✭✭
edited February 24 in Investing (Windows)

I’m running Quicken Classic Business & Personal (Canada Edition R53.26 Build 27.1.53.26).

I often import security prices from a csv file. It works well for me and I’ve never had a problem.

Within the past week, I've noticed that the import is ignoring the date provided in the csv file and always using the current date to update the price of the security. I created a test and provided this csv data for January 19:

"ABC",12.34,"01/19/24"

This seems to be consistent with the documented approach. However, when I import this data, the security is updated with a price of 12.34 with today's date, January 22 (NOT January 19 as expected).

It gets weirder. After much experimentation, I figured out that if I delete the price history and re-import the csv data using this format, the security is correctly updated with a price for January 19:

"ABC",12.34,"24/01/19"

It appears that the date format for the csv import has changed from mm/dd/yy to yy/mm/dd. Has anyone else noticed this?

Dave.

Quicken Classic Business & Personal (Canada Edition)

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Unlike QIF format which is always in MM/DD/YYYY format even for Quicken Windows Canadian I believe that the date format for importing prices is based on the format you have set for your short date in Windows, the same as what it does for dates in the register.

And it is documented that if it gets an illegal date during the price import it will use the current date.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Dave42
    Dave42 Member ✭✭
    Options

You are correct. I checked my Windows Short Date and found it was set to yyyy/mm/dd. I did not know this was a thing. I'm surprised the documentation doesn't mention anything about the Short Date setting. Thanks.

Dave.

This discussion has been closed.