"You are about to sync a file which has older data than the cloud."

Options
aboxbaum
aboxbaum Member ✭✭

I have gotten this 2-3 times, especially after an update. It does not give you a choice to use the cloud copy, which it acknowledges is newer than the one on your P.C.

I use the mobile app a lot. Last few times I was lucky to get rid of the message, and try later and did not get it but I dont know what i die

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @aboxbaum,

Usually, you will get that message if you have restored a backup file that predates your last cloud sync. Quicken does not give the option to overwrite the older file with the cloud data because it sees the data file on the computer as the master copy.

You said this happens especially after an update. After the update, did your file come up automatically, or did you have to navigate to it and open it?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• aboxbaum
    aboxbaum Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the rapid response I have to navigate to the file. But it worked fine after, I travel so i then transfer the file to my laptop when I am away, which is when it gave the message

I gues the question is, given that the file I transferred to my laptop was last evening, and opened it today, and did a synch whenI closed down before transfer, how different can it be. I entered no transactions today on the mobile app.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If there was no new information between when the file was moved to your laptop and when you opened that file, then I wouldn't expect much, if any, difference.

What process are you using when you transfer the file? Are you moving the actual file, a copy of the file, or moving a backup of the file? Are you storing the transferred file directly on the C: drive of your laptop (and you main device when you transfer it back)?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• aboxbaum
    aboxbaum Member ✭✭
    Options

thanks

yes, i move the actual file between the desktop and laptop and back again

and regardless of their

time stamp difference' i took the desktop file and there was no change. but the sysem should allow you to choose which one you THINK is most current

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

and did a synch whenI closed down before transfer, how different can it be.

You are giving Quicken way too much credit for what it will know.

It isn't going to compare everything in your Quicken Desktop data file to the Quicken Cloud dataset to "decide to sync or not". It is going to make a quick timestamp comparison and then prompt you.

If you open the data file again you should always consider it "changed" and copy the data file to the other machine before using it.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • aboxbaum
    aboxbaum Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you

• smichels62
    smichels62 Member ✭✭
    Options

I just got this same message this morning. Had no issues yesterday morning during One Step Update. Only running Quicken on one laptop. Not copying my file to other machines. Didn't do any kind of restore. Now I'm not sure what to do. One thing I did notice yesterday is that it failed to download some cleared transactions from AMEX and Discover.

• smichels62
    smichels62 Member ✭✭
    edited January 30
    Options

And now it displays the same message when I'm exiting Quicken. [Removed - Rant/Disruptive]

• smichels62
    smichels62 Member ✭✭
    Options

By the way, I'm running Quicken Classic Deluxe, Version R54.16, Build 27.1.54.16.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @smichels62,

To troubleshoot this issue, I recommend that you backup your Quicken file, then reset the cloud.

To reset the cloud, go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web. If Sync is turned on, then you should see a blue link that says Reset your cloud data. Click that link.

After clicking the link, type "yes" in the textbox to confirm, then click the Reset button.

After the cloud reset, test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• smichels62
    smichels62 Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina,

That worked.

Thanks,

Scott

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear that worked.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.