Reauthorized a CC account and linked to wrong existing account, now i have double downloads

Options
k.6546
k.6546 Member ✭✭
edited February 24 in Investing (Windows)

hi, i haven't been in quicken for a long time, but with a new year i have a new resolution to keep up with it. When i went in to download/update all accounts, it asked me to reauthorize one of my credit card accounts which I did. unfortunately I either logged into the wrong account, OR, i linked it to the wrong account. I have two Citi cards—one is Costco, one is American Airlines. So now i'm getting duplicate downloads of the same expenses—one set shows the costco account, one set shows the American Airlines account. None of the real American Airlines Citi card purchases are showing. Ideas on steps to take to fix this? thanks!

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The easiest way to do fix this is to restore a backup file from just before you did the reauthorization. If you have one, restore that backup file and then complete the reauthorization process, again. But this time, make sure to carefully review the prompt by Quicken asking you what to do with the downloaded data. It is very important to make sure that the downloads are properly linked to the correct accounts in Quicken. Perhaps the following picture will help in this matter:

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.