How many businesses can your invoice under with Mac Business & Personal

Options
shearerm
shearerm Unconfirmed, Member
edited March 16 in Before you Buy

I am self-employeed and have two LLCs (cleaning and marketing consulting). Does Business and Personal allow for more than one business? Can I invoice and record expenses, run reports etc for each business?

Best Answer

• TJennings
    TJennings Member ✭✭
    edited February 16 Answer ✓
    Options

Welp, I was looking to upgrade to Home and Business from Classic on my Mac, but only because I'd be able to run my books closer to, say, Quickbooks. I created a separate business data file in Quicken Classic. I wanted to import my business Classic datafile into a separate one for Home and Business. Sheesh. I need some basic business functions, like A/R, Capital Contributions, Draws, Assets, Liabilities, and so on.

I'll just keep my current Quicken Classic business datafile. I have a background as a full-charge bookkeeper, so I speak accounting and accounting software, but for my little business, I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on the online version of Quickbooks (online - shudder. I've tried it before. Ugh), so I created the separate datafile in Quicken for it and modified it for my needs, since I know what I'm doing. Oh well, I won't upgrade. Sounds like a nightmare. Glad I checked here.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

How many businesses can you invoice for in Quicken Mac? It's a trick question, because the answer is… zero!

You can have as many businesses as you need, but invoicing functionality hasn't yet been released for Quicken Mac. The developers have said it is coming. The Business & Personal version for Mac was just released last month as a first iteration of a feature set which will evolve as more functionality is completed.

So at this time, you can define your two businesses, you can classify income and expenses to the appropriate business, and you can get reports per business or combined. But integrated invoicing isn't yet availablle.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mikeoliver
    mikeoliver Member
    Options

I did not realize that they sold a subscription to a "Business" version (MAC) and there is no accounts receivable function, or even basic assets and liabilities, so it is really not an accounting ledger at all. So far as I can tell, you can have an income or an expense category, that's it. It would be impossible to manage a business accounting this way, for example, suppose you pay an expense for a client, and then bill the client for it. That is going to hit the bank account, and will need to be categorized, but is neither an expense nor income. Seems useless right now, and someone who is not an accountant could really be messed up accounting for that incorrectly / mike oliver

• TJennings
    TJennings Member ✭✭
    edited February 16 Answer ✓
    Options

Welp, I was looking to upgrade to Home and Business from Classic on my Mac, but only because I'd be able to run my books closer to, say, Quickbooks. I created a separate business data file in Quicken Classic. I wanted to import my business Classic datafile into a separate one for Home and Business. Sheesh. I need some basic business functions, like A/R, Capital Contributions, Draws, Assets, Liabilities, and so on.

I'll just keep my current Quicken Classic business datafile. I have a background as a full-charge bookkeeper, so I speak accounting and accounting software, but for my little business, I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on the online version of Quickbooks (online - shudder. I've tried it before. Ugh), so I created the separate datafile in Quicken for it and modified it for my needs, since I know what I'm doing. Oh well, I won't upgrade. Sounds like a nightmare. Glad I checked here.

This discussion has been closed.