Data downloaded to wrong account - Quicken for Windows version R54.9

Options
kashg
kashg Member ✭✭

I manually downloaded a bunch of transactions from my Vanguard account.

But instead of downloading it to my Regular Brokerage account, I downloaded it to my Roth Brokerage account. All the transactions are sitting in my Downloaded list waiting to be accepted in my Roth register. And the red flag is up.

Is there any way, in which I can not accept them in the Roth account, but instead somehow transfer or accept them in the Regular account? Or not accept them at all and do a fresh download to the correct account?

When I tried downloading from Vanguard again to the

correct account, I get the message attached.

There are too many transactions, for me to individually delete.

Thanks

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can't "transfer" them to the other account. You will have to delete them.

But the reason Quicken is saying that there aren't any transactions to import when you try again is because the Quicken has connected the online account to the one it went into and has already recorded the unique Ids for those transactions in that account. What you need to do is deactivated that account for downloading, and the other correct account if it is setup for downloading and use File → Add Account (or if you are using QFX files import those) to get them connected up again, but this time to the proper Quicken accounts. Pay very close attention to the "Nick name" in the dialog for linking online accounts to Quicken accounts, they are in grey and easy to miss.

Once you have the right accounts linked up that import should work fine because the correct account has yet to see these transactions with these unique Ids.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

There are too many transactions, for me to individually delete.

You can accept them into the register and then use the gear icon to select Edit Transactions, and on that dialog, you can delete multiple transactions.

Signature:
  • kashg
    kashg Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Chris_QPW. That has worked well for most of the transactions except the Settlement Fund, that for some reason selects All Transactions even when I have that box unchecked.

Do you know why under any Investment Account, when I select a transaction to edit, in the Edit window, the Account drop down is greyed out? It would be nice if I could change that from Roth to Regular.

Thanks again for your help with the gear icon.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Changing the account type from an IRA to a brokerage account has lots of behind-the-scenes ramifications for taxes and such, so I'm guessing that is why they won't let you do it.

Signature:
This discussion has been closed.