can't connect to Fidelity Visa

Options
Procopio
Procopio Member ✭✭✭

I have a new Fidelity Visa Signature Rewards card and I can't figure out how to add it to Quicken.

If I search for 'fidelity' I find 'Fidelity Investments' and 'Fidelity NetBenefits'. If I try to connect to either one of those, it doesn't see my new credit card.

If I search for 'elan' I find 'Elan Financial Services' but my Fidelity credentials don't work there.

How can I add this card?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

To connect with "Elan Financial Services" you first need to set up an online account with Elan. Elan generally works pretty well for downloading this credit card but sometimes on the initial setup the online balance will drop the cents. Run One Step Update or Update Now the next day and this dropped cents issue usually goes away. This is the financial institution I have been using with my main data file for about 2-1/2 yrs.

If you want to connect with Fidelity, instead, you need to use the "Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts" setup link. This will set up the account with the Express Web Connect+ connection method. I set up my Fidelity Visa Card in a test data file with this financial institution a couple of weeks ago and so far it has been working well. CAUTION: If you use this financial institution, you will be prompted to select which accounts you want to be set up with it. I strongly suggest that you select only the credit card account. Do not select any other accounts or they will be changed from your current Direct Connect connection with "Fidelity Investments" to the EWC+ connection and that, at least, for me, really messed up all of my investment accounts. (Fortunately, that was done in that test file and not my main data file so for me there was no harm done.)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

To connect with "Elan Financial Services" you first need to set up an online account with Elan. Elan generally works pretty well for downloading this credit card but sometimes on the initial setup the online balance will drop the cents. Run One Step Update or Update Now the next day and this dropped cents issue usually goes away. This is the financial institution I have been using with my main data file for about 2-1/2 yrs.

If you want to connect with Fidelity, instead, you need to use the "Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts" setup link. This will set up the account with the Express Web Connect+ connection method. I set up my Fidelity Visa Card in a test data file with this financial institution a couple of weeks ago and so far it has been working well. CAUTION: If you use this financial institution, you will be prompted to select which accounts you want to be set up with it. I strongly suggest that you select only the credit card account. Do not select any other accounts or they will be changed from your current Direct Connect connection with "Fidelity Investments" to the EWC+ connection and that, at least, for me, really messed up all of my investment accounts. (Fortunately, that was done in that test file and not my main data file so for me there was no harm done.)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Procopio
    Procopio Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks. Search for "Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts" is what I needed.

This discussion has been closed.