When is the Citibank Reauthorization Issue Going to be Fixed?

Options
mvco
mvco Member ✭✭

This has been going on for days. I'm getting close to looking for a replacement for Quicken.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried declining doing the reauthorization? It's not a fix but it does buy some time so we can continue to get transactions downloaded until Quicken/Intuit/Citi get this reauthorization issue resolved.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• mvco
    mvco Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm not sure what happened but at some point when I was trying to reauthorize, my account got deleted (so says the Quicken message). All of the account information is there and I get an option to fix it/re-add/reauthorize. I am able to successfully log in to and authorize the Citibank account, but then Quicken just keeps spinning on the "Sign in to Citibank" screen until it times out.

• canadaken92
    canadaken92 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have switched off the online connection and am adding items manually until they fix this.

• TradGirl
    TradGirl Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been having all of the above problem for days. I, too, have turned off the online connection and am downloading manually until this is fixed.

Here's to hoping it's handled quickly.

• rmfindc
    rmfindc Member ✭✭
    Options

I just got prompt to reauthorize Citi today. I went thru the steps and Citi says the reauthorization was successful — but like others here, I'm still getting the reauthorize prompt. Had same problem with AMEX last year. BUT — when it reauthorized and downloaded, my Citi charges are ALL categorized as VENMO, and VENMO has all the Citi charges downloaded too! What the heck is that??? Am I now to delete all those VENMO or recategorize all the CITI charges? This is a big mess. I have about three weeks of activity to reconcile now…. Any ideas out there?

• mvco
    mvco Member ✭✭
    Options

Actually, yes, the first attempt at reauthorization made a mess of my Citi entries. It looked like they were doubled. I ended up restoring a backup file so I wouldn't have to fix that mess. But then I couldn't download any transactions. This happened a long time ago with my health savings account and it took forever for that to get fixed.

• mvco
    mvco Member ✭✭
    Options

Rather than keep trying to update my Citi account and going through the "fix it" steps, I decided to try adding a new account and linking it to the existing account. That worked. Hope this helps someone else.

• Don555
    Don555 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the problem but when my browser opens for the authorization no data appears.

I will manually update until fixed.

• Don555
    Don555 Member ✭✭
    edited January 25
    Options

Update - I was using Edge and Brave browsers in Parallels and I got a blank screen when attempting authorization. I downloaded Firefox and I was able to merge the accounts - strange 1 of 3 browsers worked.

This discussion has been closed.