How do you get Estimated Income from the quote feed?

Options
netguydave
netguydave Member ✭✭
edited February 24 in Investing (Windows)

The release notes for the Jan 2024, R54.9 state "Portfolio View Options now allow users to specify that dividends from the quote feed should be used for Estimated Income." I haven't been able to find where to make that Option change.

Quicken Classic Release R54.9

Windows 10

Tagged:

Best Answers

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Interesting. The suggestion for adding that feature was fairly recent. Surprised to hear it has already been implemented. In case their first pass at implementing the feature is not 100% ready for use, here is a recent discussion on getting useful info for estimated income.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23 Answer ✓
    Options

The original Idea for this was posted in July of 2020 and there was a lot of discussion at that time..

To access the new option, go to Investing > Portfolio and click on Options at the top right, then select Portfolio preferences.

It only works for securities where there is a non-zero downloaded "Ann Div/Shr" amount shown in the Security Detail view. This is basically stocks and ETFs, not mutual funds or other securities.

Please give it a try and let us know what you think.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Interesting. The suggestion for adding that feature was fairly recent. Surprised to hear it has already been implemented. In case their first pass at implementing the feature is not 100% ready for use, here is a recent discussion on getting useful info for estimated income.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• netguydave
    netguydave Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you!

Selecting that tells me my estimated income will be $5,000 more that what I set in the Security Detail View>Edit Details>Other Info>Est. Income field.

For others who are reading this…I went here: Investing>Portfolio>Options>Portfolio View Options>Use Annual Dividend from Quote feed for estimated income

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23 Answer ✓
    Options

The original Idea for this was posted in July of 2020 and there was a lot of discussion at that time..

To access the new option, go to Investing > Portfolio and click on Options at the top right, then select Portfolio preferences.

It only works for securities where there is a non-zero downloaded "Ann Div/Shr" amount shown in the Security Detail view. This is basically stocks and ETFs, not mutual funds or other securities.

Please give it a try and let us know what you think.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.