Converting from Mint - Importing into Quicken Windows - questions [EDITED]

Options
mollyk
mollyk Member
edited February 24 in Before you Buy

I want to only import data from the beginning of the year 1/1/24. Can I do this in Quicken Deluxe?

Also want to confirm that I can add categories and split transactions in Quicken Deluxe?

Report on Budget vs actual for monthly and YTD included in Deluxe?

thanks!

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5 Answer ✓
    Options

With QWin: QWin Deluxe (actually, any edition) will import whatever is in the exported CSV file from from Mint so if your Mint export file includes older data then that is what QWin will import. If you can limit the time frame for export from Mint to start with 1/1/2024, then that is what QWin will import.

But if your Mint export CSV file includes older data, after that data is imported into QWin you could create a year-end copy of the file. This process will create a data file with the 12/31/2023 year end date. As part of that process, you should be able to select the 1/1/2024 start date for what remains in the main data file.

And, yes, you most definitely can add categories to transactions and split those categories in QWin Deluxe….as well as you can create custom categories if the situation warrants it.

And QWin has the Budgeting report capability that you said you want.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 23
    Options

Windows or Mac?

I'm pretty sure that any version of Quicken will let you create your own categories and enter split transactions.

Quicken Mac currently does not have the budget report you're looking for. You can see actuals vs budget on screen, and you can print the entire year's actual vs budget (or export it to a CSV), but there's no way to print a single month's actual vs budget like you could with a real report. They've said they plan to add such a report but we don't know when. I don't know what budget reporting options Quicken Windows offers.

As for import options, I don't think Quicken Mac gives you the option to import only a certain range of dates from the file you're importing; I think you'd have to import the whole thing & then delete anything prior to January 1st. It's been a long time since I last did that, though. If Mint gives you the option to only export 2024 data that would be the way to go.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• mollyk
    mollyk Member
    Options

Thank you Jon I am a windows user. If you or someone else knows if this windows version has the budgeting like you described or if it is different, please let me know. I will check into the mint import but I do think it might be all.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

BTW - have you also looked at the new Quicken cloud based product called - Simplifi -
    They are attempting to cater to the importing of new user Mint data ….. but having issues -

https://community.simplifimoney.com/search?domain=all_content&query=mint%20import&scope=site&source=community

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5 Answer ✓
    Options

With QWin: QWin Deluxe (actually, any edition) will import whatever is in the exported CSV file from from Mint so if your Mint export file includes older data then that is what QWin will import. If you can limit the time frame for export from Mint to start with 1/1/2024, then that is what QWin will import.

But if your Mint export CSV file includes older data, after that data is imported into QWin you could create a year-end copy of the file. This process will create a data file with the 12/31/2023 year end date. As part of that process, you should be able to select the 1/1/2024 start date for what remains in the main data file.

And, yes, you most definitely can add categories to transactions and split those categories in QWin Deluxe….as well as you can create custom categories if the situation warrants it.

And QWin has the Budgeting report capability that you said you want.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.