no option to reconcile?

Options
norwega
norwega Member ✭✭

I've two different accounts I wanted to reconcile, and eventually found the option in one account, but not from the normal drop down menu, and the other, a "cash" account has an option to "update balance" Have they dumbed down the options? I've always been able to simply reconcile each account in the past, and admit I'm 3 months behind, but don't understand why the option isn't there? Please don't fix something that isn't broken!

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The cash account type has never had anything but "Update balance". I'm guessing the thinking is that you have nothing to reconcile to. Not strictly true since one can add up what they have in their pocket and use that as the balance/date. Then again, the only way it would be different from what is entered into Quicken is if you have not yet entered all the receipts/transactions into the register, and the process would be to just go through and compare transactions in the register to your receipts until you found the missing/wrong ones. About the only thing that is really missing in comparison to having a reconcile dialog is a way to mark the transactions as you enter them/check them off, and you can use the Clr field for that.

If you want a standard reconcile dialog, use a checking account type instead of a cash account.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.