Does anyone have details on Goldman Sachs (Folio Institutional) dropping Quicken download funtion?

Options
dcostandi
dcostandi Member ✭✭✭

Folio Institutional (Goldman Sachs) unceremoniously removed the ability to download transaction data into Quicken around the end of September 2023. One day, the option to download just disappeared from the transactions page on their portal to be returned after a maintenance outage on 1/13/2024. Unfortunately, they stepped back in time and now provide QIF files instead of the previous QFX files. Has anyone been able to get an eplanation out of them about what's to be expected in the future? The QIF release is painful and is worse than useless. It creates duplicate securities for all stocks etc. and starts storing transactions under the new securities splitting investments up. Furthermore no details of transactions are included in most of the QIF format transactions.

I'm running Windows R54.9 but I doubt it makes a difference.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you asked this of GS?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• dcostandi
    dcostandi Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 26
    Options

I have submitted inquiries to their email address and received NO response except a "Thank you" for my submission.

I suspect what has happened is that they were having issues with their downloads and decided to remove the functionality while they worked on it. When they took it away, they must have received complaints and decided to offer a minimal solution in the QIF offering. I hope that means they're working on the proper solution, which would be QFX files, but their customer service is sadly lacking if they do all this without keeping their clients informed. If not for my desire to stay with my existing advisor, I'd have moved away from this platform already.

This discussion has been closed.