BMO CC-601 Error after BMO Canada updated their servers on Jan 21, 2024.

Options
2»

Comments

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Discussing the issue here is helpful in that it provides visibility to other users; however, rarely does posting here trigger a resolution process with Quicken. I highly recommend that each of you that are having these issues with BMO do both of the following:

• Use the Report A Problem feature that is built into Quicken; this will flag the issue and it provides your logs files to Quicken, which may be helpful to get a resolution;
    • Contact Quicken's technical support and raise the issue with them. Be prepared to provide evidence that Quicken is downloading pending transactions and/or duplicate transactions. And, if you take screen shots, make certain that you have the Downloaded ID visible in the images.

Quicken will advise you that the MFA/OTP issue is expected/acceptable behaviour that they cannot change. Downloading Pending transactions and/or duplicates, however, is not expected or acceptable behaviour and that should get some attention.

I've filed multiple problem reports and I've escalated the issue to Tier 2 support. It would be very helpful if other did the same. The issue is more likely to get attention from someone who can address the issue if more people register formal complaints.

• Mike Jenkinson
    Mike Jenkinson Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. I have reported this to Quidken as you indicated.

• Arctic Hare
    Options

Update: the issues with downloading from BMO have been referred onto the Development team to work with BMO on a resolution. No ETA provided. I will post an update if learn of any progress.

• Gautam Tupil
    Gautam Tupil Member ✭✭✭
    Options
  • TJTex
    TJTex Member ✭✭
    edited April 1
    Options

Ok, Just got back from vacation, updated my Quicken accounts and I am now getting duplicate transactions in my BMO Mastercard. [Removed - Language]?

• Arctic Hare
    Options

I expect, in addition to the duplicate transactions, you'll also find that the posted date is always the same as the transaction date for each transaction. Typically, the posted date and the transaction date are one or more days apart and pending transactions should not be in play at all. Quicken is using the Posted (or Pending as the case may be) date for the Posted date and the Transaction date, so the transaction date you see in your Quicken BMO Mastercard account is now wrong 100% or nearly 100% of the time.

I have reported all these issues to Level 2 support and they assure me that the Development Team is aware of the issues and will eventually get it resolved, but there is not estimate of when the resolution will happen. If you want to draw more attention to this issue, I recommend you contact Quicken phone support. The squeakiest wheel tends to get grease first.

I recently returned from a vacation and the USA. The duplicate transactions were problematic before F/X came into play. Duplicate transactions with F/X is whole new level of pain because the pair of duplicates sometimes have different values because the pending transaction had a different F/X rate than the Posted transaction. It was such a mess that I've disconnected Express Web Connect for now and may use only Web Connect until this issue gets resolved. The mess only became even worse last week when the Quicken app inadvertently changed the opening balance on my BMO MC account. Needless to say, these issues have cost me a tremendous amount of time. It took me quite some effort and time this past weekend to figure out that Quicken inadvertently changed the accounts opening balance - something that should never happen.

This discussion has been closed.