I modified the category for a single Amazon download to be [retaining wall]

Options
Paddy
Paddy Member ✭✭

Now every time transactions are downloaded and I click on an Amazon download it categorizes it as [retaining wall]. I want it to be Amazon category as it normally is and cannot figure out how to change it back so when I download transactions and one is an Amazon purchase that the category is Amazon. Anyone know what I can do? Thanks!!

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd look at your Memorized Payee List here. My first guess is that list is where the "retaining wall" Category is coming from. (Do you have an Account called "Retaining wall?" The square brackets used in your post suggests a Transfer to an Account.)

• Paddy
    Paddy Member ✭✭
    Options

@Tom Young yes, it is a transfer account but I am talking about how to remove the automatic application of that category when transactions are downloaded.

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you checked to see if there is a renaming rule causing that?

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And, have you looked at your Memorized Payee List? You can have multiple Categories associated with a Payee and Quicken is simply guessing:

• Paddy
    Paddy Member ✭✭
    Options

I called support and they fixed it. I don't understand the complexity of memorized payees. I need to fix my memorized payee list.

This discussion has been closed.