Need to know how to open Quicken without running Reminders?

Options

Need to know how to open Quicken without running Reminders? Trying to open old archive file and getting TONS of msgs about not being able to run rminder with old date.

Best Answer

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sadly, you cannot. This is a long standing issue that has never been addressed. It's extremely frustrating and gives one pause if they really want to review history.

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sadly, you cannot. This is a long standing issue that has never been addressed. It's extremely frustrating and gives one pause if they really want to review history.

• EricMG
    EricMG Member ✭✭
    Options

Bummer! The past cpl years I have gone into archive files immediately after creation and deleted all reminders to get around this issue. I can't imagine why I would care about them later - just account data. But now I want to see inside older files. :-(

Thanks for the quick reply Geoff.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can trick Quicken by setting the date on your computer back to the date of the backup. Just be sure to set the computer date back to today's date when you are done.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25
    Options

There's an open Idea to remedy this, but it's languishing like most Ideas. Might as well vote for it.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.