Quicken Version Confusion

Options
hstriepe
hstriepe Member ✭✭

I was on Quicken Classic, but I was slotted into Home & Business when I renewed. This is totally useless since it appears to be offered only on Windows and I am on Mac.

Quicken Premier seems to fit my use pattern best, but it is missing some features that are in Windows. When will the Mac versions have the same feature sets?

This board is about Quicken Classic. But that does not appear to be on offer for renewals any longer. What 's the story?

Tagged:

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

First, all Quicken desktop programs — for Mac and Windows — have now added the "Classic" name. That is, what was previously called "Quicken Deluxe for Mac" is now called "Quicken Classic Deluxe for Mac". There were no other changes in the product; it's just a branding change designed to give more clarity and standing to Quicken's online-only product, Quicken Simplifi. Quicken Classic comes in four different subscription levels: Starter, Deluxe, Premier, and Business & Personal (formerly called Home & Business).

There is now a Business & Personal version for Mac. Its features are somewhat limited because it's in its first release and development of features is still ongoing, but it exists.

When you say you were "slotted into Home & Business", I don't know what you mean by "slotted in". Were you previously using Home & Business on Windows? If you were using Deluxe or Premier, your rental would have been at the same level unless you initiated a change.

On the Mac, Deluxe and Premier are almost identical. Premier offers only one additional report for foreign bank accounts, and it includes online bill payment which is an added cost for Deluxe users. If you don't need Quicken's online bill payment, then you almost certainly don't need Premier.

Quicken Premier seems to fit my use pattern best, but it is missing some features that are in Windows. When will the Mac versions have the same feature sets?

The Mac development team is adding new features every month or two, but there's a long list of feature requests. No one can answer when Quicken Mac and Windows all have near parity. I'd focus more on what specific features you're looking for; while no one except the developers knows what's scheduled when, we do get some insights when feature requests on this site are marked as planned by the development team.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.