Syncing mobile data

Options
Big Poppy
Big Poppy Member
edited February 26 in Using the Mobile App

From time to time my mobile data would not sync from a couple of my accounts, but the rest of them did. I have talked to support a few times and told many inaccurate things. I have been using quicken for 25 years, so I have a pretty good idea how it works. The first guy a spoke to in support today told me quicken doesn't support entering transactions on the mobile app and then syncing them with the desktop. I told him he was wrong and I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on indefinite hold. After about a half hour I called back as the usual deleting the cloud data and syncing didn't fix my problem. After 45 minutes of this lady telling me I was using different data files on my desktop vs the mobile app and this why it doesn't work. I didn't agree with her, but had no choice but to go along. She finally had me delete cloud data again and after syncing random transaction categories are gone going back years in my transactions. Lucky for me I did a backup before I called support. Found it strange that none of the support people I talk to suggest a backup before starting. Long story, but how to I get my mobile data to sync properly with my desktop including transaction categories. There must be a corrupt file somewhere.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

There must be a corrupt file somewhere.

If there is, there is good chance that Syncing to Mobile/Web put it there.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Big Poppy
    Big Poppy Member
    Options

I'll try restoring the backup without syncing and see what happens

This discussion has been closed.