Multiple connection options with Synchrony such as CareCredit and Newegg error CC-502 [Edited]

Options
2»

Comments

• JohnPauley
    JohnPauley Member ✭✭
    Options

Ditto

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

It seems like each CC issued by Synchrony has it's own individual FI in addition to "Synchrony Bank Credit Cards". I have a Sam's Club Mastercard, and I have connected successfully with "Sam's Club Personal Credit Accou" and never had an issue. I never have been able to connect with "Synchrony Bank Credit Cards".

I have also seen that if I set up the Sam's Club Mastercard, with "Sam's Club Personal Credit Accou" it works fine until I do a Web Connect (WC). When I do a WC, the FI is changed to "Synchrony Bank Credit Cards" and then I am unable to update my account using and OSU or "Update Now". I need to deactivate, and then reactivate with "Sam's Club Personal Credit Accou" to get it working again.

I have mentioned, reported, and posted about this strange behavior many times over the years, but no one seems to acknowledge that this is happening, but I have proof positive that it is.

So, bottom line, look for alternative FI instead of "Synchrony Bank Credit Cards", and I have a feeling it will work.

• Active User
    Active User Member ✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately, that is not the case. I have a Care Credit through Synchrony Bank. I specifically select "Care Credit" as opposed to "Synchrony Bank Credit Cards" when setting up and still have the same issue.

QuickUserPSP Member ✭✭✭ 9:28AM

It seems like each CC issued by Synchrony has it's own individual FI
    in addition to "Synchrony Bank Credit Cards". I have a Sam's Club
    Mastercard, and I have connected successfully with "Sam's Club Personal
    Credit Accou" and never had an issue. I never have been able to connect
    with "Synchrony Bank Credit Cards".

I have also seen that if I
    set up the Sam's Club Mastercard, with "Sam's Club Personal Credit
    Accou" it works fine until I do a Web Connect (WC). When I do a WC, the
    FI is changed to "Synchrony Bank Credit Cards" and then I am unable to
    update my account using and OSU or "Update Now". I need to deactivate,
    and then reactivate with "Sam's Club Personal Credit Accou" to get it
    working again.

I have mentioned, reported, and posted about this
    strange behavior many times over the years, but no one seems to
    acknowledge that this is happening, but I have proof positive that it
    is.

So, bottom line, look for alternative FI instead of "Synchrony Bank Credit Cards", and I have a feeling it will work.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Active User thanks for that feedback. I was hoping it was the issue I described. My Sam's Club Mastercard didn't work for a long time but now it works without issue. It seems like the Synchrony Bank Cards work "hit or miss".

This might be a dumb question , but have you tried connecting with "Synchrony Bank Credit Cards"?

But otherwise, sorry I wasn't able to help.

• Mike Sommers
    Mike Sommers Member ✭✭
    Options

My wife has a Big Sandy's Superstore card and I have a Discount Tire card. Neither will connect using Synchrony Bank Credit Cards or using the mysynchrony.com which used to work. I can log on through the Synchrony website and see the cards with no problem so I know that I am using the correct IDs and PWs. Very frustrated with this.

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Newegg finally connected but still having cc-503 with CareCredit.

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• Toni
    Toni Member ✭✭
    edited February 25
    Options

I did not receive a CC-503 error when downloading Synchrony/Care Credit accounts today!! Transactions were downloaded!!

• JohnPauley
    JohnPauley Member ✭✭
    Options

Neither did I. Appears to be fixed!

• Lyndagf
    Lyndagf Member
    Options

Was able to connect to CareCredit for the first time in over a year. Fixed, hopefully for good.

• renoscarab
    renoscarab Member ✭✭
    Options

My chevron account finally works now as well. yeah!

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am still having cc-503 when trying to "add" CareCredit. Actually, I am receiving cc-503 when trying to add ANY synchrony account although the ones that already exist are still working…

• Lyndagf
    Lyndagf Member
    Options

Make sure you're using "CareCredit" for Financial Institution and not "Synchrony Bank Credit Cards". That is the only way it worked for me.

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

• Random Qkn User
    Random Qkn User Member ✭✭
    Options

Good news: My CareCredit account updated today.

This discussion has been closed.