Multiple connection options with Synchrony such as CareCredit and Newegg error CC-502 [Edited]

Options
Greg Brown
Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta

I have been unable to connect/download from CareCredit and Newegg, bot Synchrony bank cards, for a few days now. Getting error CC-502.

Quicken Business and Personal R54.9

Windows 11

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

Comments

• Rob L.
    Rob L. Member
    Options

Same issue, CC-502 with Synchrony Bank (Chevron and Texaco Credit Cards in my case). Started Jan 24

Quicken Del 54.9 / Windows 11.

• Westley
    Westley Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 26
    Options

[Removed - Rant/Off Topic]

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    Options

Still receiving a cc-502 error with Chevron Texaco Credit. How can I resolve this? I have reported the error and chatted with support. Support said it would be resolved with the RESOLVED 1/26/24 Multiple Banks - FDP-1022 / CC-501 issue.

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

To troubleshoot this issue, since there currently isn't a known issue with this financial institution, please start by following these steps from the article on CC-502 errors:

Refresh your account information

1. Open the transaction register for the account with the error message.
    2. Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    4. Repeat these steps for each account with this error.

If refreshing your accounts does not resolve the issue 

Try waiting one business day. This error message is typically caused by maintenance on your bank's website. You can try updating again in a few hours or the next business day. If the issue still occurs after one business day, try the steps above again.

If the issue persists after that troubleshooting, please reach out to Quicken Support directly for assistance, since they are able to troubleshoot the issue in real time and can escalate the issue as needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Monte Bliss
    Monte Bliss Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    Options

I too have reported it with absolutely no resolution. Last successful download was 1/23.

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited January 27
    Options

Hello @hmday and @Monte Bliss,

To troubleshoot this issue, since there currently isn't a known issue with this financial institution, please start by following these steps from the article on CC-502 errors:

Refresh your account information

1. Open the transaction register for the account with the error message.
    2. Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    4. Repeat these steps for each account with this error.

If refreshing your accounts does not resolve the issue 

Try waiting one business day. This error message is typically caused by maintenance on your bank's website. You can try updating again in a few hours or the next business day. If the issue still occurs after one business day, try the steps above again.

If the issue persists after that troubleshooting, please reach out to Quicken Support directly for assistance, since they are able to troubleshoot the issue in real time and can escalate the issue as needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I hope this helps!

[Merged Post]

Quicken Kristina

• ldylwyrva
    ldylwyrva Member ✭✭
    Options

Am having the same problem with my Synchrony credit card account…have been getting a CC-502 error for two days now. They cannot possibly be updating their servers for two days.

• Joe Editor
    Joe Editor Member ✭✭
    Options

I've also been getting the CC-502 error for at least a week. I can log into the account directly on my own, but not through Quicken. With all due respect, @Quicken Kristina, the Quicken troubleshooters should be working harder to identify and fix the problem.

• Toni
    Toni Member ✭✭
    Options

I have also been getting the CC-502 error when trying to update Care Credit. Followed the above instructions, but the problem still persists.

• Westley
    Westley Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina The problem with calling tech support is the amount of time involved. You need to block off at least an hour of time every time you call and it still doesn't solve the problem.

Personally, I think Quicken needs to find someone other than Intuit to help with the bank connections. Ever since Quicken has started transitioning to this new "secure" method of connection, it means everything has been breaking.

My American Express accounts have not connected for over two months now, although it is a known issue, as you yourself have stated. I just realized yesterday that not all of my Chase accounts have been downloading, so now I have six weeks of transactions to catch up on after downloading transactions manually.

My Barclays Bank account has not downloaded in months, thankfully I rarely use it.

As I stated in a previous message, stop worrying about updating what the logo or graphics look like, worry about our bank connections, that is why we use Quicken. Without that, I could be using an Excel spreadsheet and save $120/year in subscription costs.

I'm sure there are some folks that run all the pretty reports and such, but even that is something that I'm not worried about. I just want all my transactions downloaded so I don't have to save receipts and enter them manually at the end of every day. I want to be able to look at my account list and see my balances at a glance, but if the transactions are not downloaded, then my balances are wrong and every report I could think of running is not going to be accurate either.

I really miss Microsoft Money….

• Greg Lane
    Greg Lane Member
    Options

I am also having the 502 issue with CareCredit and have tried all the work arounds suggested. I have 4 different cards on the Synchrony site and only one of them is not working.

• rjhansen075
    rjhansen075 Member ✭✭
    Options

To troubleshoot this issue, since there currently isn't a known issue with this financial institution

CC-502 CareCredit, for the past 3 days. Took all the steps recommended. There is a problem with this financial server guys. Please address the issue. My Sam's Club card is also Synchrony, and that works, so it may not be a general issue with Synchrony entirely.

I have always had problems with CareCredit on Quicken and have removed the on-line frequently, but I was surprised to finally find it working a few months ago. Now it's broken again. I think CareCredit specifically has problems.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited January 29
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-8883)

Quicken Kristina

• JPaul1948
    JPaul1948 Member ✭✭
    edited January 27
    Options

I've been trying to reconnect to both Chevron-Texaco and Lenscrafters every day since 26 January and am still getting CC502. When is this going to be resolved?

[Merged Post]

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    Options

I haven't been able to connect with chevron since the 23rd. I deactivated and then used tools/add account but still receive cc-502 error.

[Merged Post]

• Active User
    Active User Member ✭✭
    Options

This should be flagged as a known issue. Even when I establish a new account and set up that new CareCredit account in Quicken, it will not allow me to do so. I receive the CC-502 - Quicken can't add this account because the CareCredit "website it temporarily unavailable."

Temporarily now being over a week. I believe this needs to be escalated in priority.

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I got the same error when I tried to re-add it.

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• Mark Zanders
    Mark Zanders Member ✭✭
    Options

I've been having a problem with Carecredit for the

last week or so. Ge

t cc-502 errors says that web site is unavailable.

• Random Qkn User
    Random Qkn User Member ✭✭
    Options

I get the same error when I try to update a Care Credit account — Quicken Classic Deluxe R54.9, Windows 11 Home. The procedure in Quicken's CC-502 article didn't help.

• JohnW
    JohnW Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem with Care Credit since 23rd or 24th. Tried the gear icon and update account with the same error.

• cptrsen
    cptrsen Member ✭✭
    Options

Same CC-502 error for all of my Synchrony credit card accounts (Care Credit, Discount Tire & Sleep Number) since 1/24/2024. Followed the "fix" procedures and they do not work.

• CaptainPops
    CaptainPops Member
    Options

Chevron/ Synchrony Bank will not connect to Quicken.. The issue is between Quicken and synchrony bank. This should be a known issue. Please update status.

• TX24
    TX24 Member
    Options

I am having the same 502 error with ChevronTexaco card. Tried going directly through Synchrony.com , but couldn't find acct.

• Brian Medeiros
    Brian Medeiros Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Same issue with care credit. I love thinking I'm crazy because quicken says there is no issue.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert & this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10788293 & 10784122/CTP-8883)

Quicken Kristina

• Jpauley85
    Jpauley85 Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina, Any update on the Care Credit 502 problem?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Jpauley85,

Any updates, when available, will be posted to the Community Alert.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• rxyquicka
    rxyquicka Member ✭✭
    Options

Tuesday 2024/02/13 at 04:00 PST

I have encountered persistent issues, like the issues described in earlier posts, with my Chevron credit card (Chevron and Texaco Credit Cards). Initially, I attempted to reset the account, but this approach failed. Subsequently, I deactivated the account, which worked. However, in the last few days attempts to either reactivate or Activate download or Activate One Step Update for the account, Quicken consistently shows an error message from Quicken.

The message states:

"Oops. There is a connection problem. CC-502

What you should know

Quicken can't add this account because the Chevron and Texaco Credit Cards website is temporarily unavailable.

Please try again again in a few hours. Thank you for you patience!"

To ensure there were no issues with my account access, I successfully logged into my account on the Chevron and Texaco Credit Cards website using a web browser.

• Active User
    Active User Member ✭✭
    edited February 14
    Options

As someone who works with IT for a financial institution that interfaces with Quicken, an issue of this nature should not be taking this long to solution.

Typically, the only reason this is lagging is due to lack of cooperation from either party. Regardless of the responsibility, updates and transparency should be provided to customers so they can properly plan and anticipate accordingly.

It creates a negative impact for people’s ability to budget, which is the entire purpose of having Quicken in the first place.

• Mike Sommers
    Mike Sommers Member ✭✭
    Options

I check those community notes daily and haven't seen any updates for over 10 days. Can you at least post a status? This has gone on far too long.

This discussion has been closed.