Make last 6 months mean last 6 months on Dashboard Portfolio value card

Options
Bob_L
Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 26 in Display/UI

The dashboard card for portfolio value for the "last 6 months" is incorrect. Instead of the last 6 months it shows last 6 months of last year,i.e. ending on December 31.

Either change the name to last half of last year, or better yet, show the last 6 months!

Or maybe just the graph is wrong??? Haven't checked that per se.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

3 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My guess would be that it is for the 6 months ending at the end of the previous month, not for the 6 months ending today as in the reports. I have seen this for other Home tab panels/cards as well.

It would certainly be nice if the Home tab intervals were the same as the reports.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That might be the case, but the daily actual number is what they show, meaning it is internally inconsistent as well.

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Confirmed that "last 6 months" apparently means the last 6 months before the previous month. For example during February it means August 1 through January 31. The graph confirms this as well. (I bet a slick lawyer could probably defend that interpretation of last 6 months as being correct, thanks to the ambiguity of the English language!)

This means the graph and the "change" figure shown apparently do not update durng the month…..they stay the same all month long(neeed to double-check). Interestingly, the value number shown is in fact the value on todays date, which just confuses thigs further.

Please consider changing last 6 months to mean last 6 months to date.