Has anyone fixed the online balance error issue?

dkaplin
dkaplin Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

I am a Direct Connect customer with US Bank. One of my accounts has been stuck on a certain online balance value for quite some time. Since reconciliation uses that number, the automatic reconciliation has not been working, and I cannot do so manually without adding an adjustment. Has anyone figured this out?

I'm on the latest Quicken Classic for the Mac

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Direct Connect gets the information directly from the financial institution and as such only they can fix that problem but unfortunately it just isn't that unusual that the Online Balance of a given financial institution for it to be wrong, and the solution would be to do a manual reconcile to balance that you put in and not the online balance. You certainly shouldn't be putting in balance adjustments for something like this.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • miklk
    miklk Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta

If the online balance has not been changing, that is usually an indication it stopped downloading. If that's the case, try resetting connection.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

That was what I was thinking too, but if the downloading stopped, there wouldn't be any transactions to reconcile to, so I don't really get all of what is going on here.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • dkaplin
    dkaplin Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

Transactions continue to download just fine. All of my other accounts from US Bank are working fine. While I have the accounts set to auto-reconcile, this throws the process off because it is starting with the online balance. Same thing with the manual reconciliation. I can't complete a reconciliation with this set of conditions; Quicken wants me to adjust the Quicken balance to meet the online balance.

I've noted that this problem has occurred for others and was wondering if anyone successfully fixed it.

This discussion has been closed.