Security/Mutual Fund not displayed

Options
bajohnson_47
bajohnson_47 Member ✭✭
edited February 27 in Investing (Windows)

Ran across a problem where a mutual fund symbol is added to security list and then a transaction entered in a taxable brokerage account. Watch & d/l quotes are selected, hide is not selected. asset class and prices are updated.

In portfolio view the fund is not displayed. In the account overview it is displayed.

validated account, etc. to no avail.

I then created a new qdf file, added a brokerage account then added the same mutual fund with a buy transaction and the fund is displayed in portfolio/investing view.

Thinking there is a limit to the number of entries in portfolio/investing view, I hid 10 securities, left the always missing one "un"hid and it still won't display.

Any ideas??

Q is up to date and running on current Win11 update 23H2

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sometimes when you add a new security it is not automatically added to Portfolio views as it should be.

In the Portfolio view, click on Customize then on Securities and make sure the security is included in the view. You may need to do this for all views where you want to include that security.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sometimes when you add a new security it is not automatically added to Portfolio views as it should be.

In the Portfolio view, click on Customize then on Securities and make sure the security is included in the view. You may need to do this for all views where you want to include that security.

QWin Premier subscription
  • bajohnson_47
    bajohnson_47 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Jim,

That did it!! I forgot about having to check the security for all my views.

As usual, thanks.

Brad

This discussion has been closed.