Updating Quicken Version

Options
bharris59
bharris59 Member

I'm using Quicken R7(21.1.7.18) on Windows 10 Home Version 22H2. I would like to know what I need to do to update to the latest version of Quicken.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28 Answer ✓
    Options

If I am not mistaken, R7 is Quicken 2008. To update to the Subscription, you will need to first upgrade to Quicken 2010-2013. Then, if you wish you can upgrade to Quicken Subscription.

You can read more about the upgrade process at https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken . This is also where you can download a free copy of Quicken 2013 Deluxe.

Note that Quicken Classic Subscription is an annual subscription software. If you do not pay the subscription renewal each year you will lose all online services but will still be able to use it manually (with the exception of Starter edition which will become read-only). For many users, this is acceptable but expired Subscription software will display banners taking up 20%-30% of the Quicken screen reminding one to resubscribe. These banners can only be removed by resubscribing.

Some users find the "resubscribe" banners to be unacceptable so they opt to not upgrade from Quicken 2013 Deluxe. Quicken 2013 is the last year of pre-Subscription that remains functional on a manual basis and you will not get those "resubscribe" reminder banners. And it is free so there is no annual subscription requirement. Since you have been running Quicken 2008 it means you have been using Quicken manually. If you are OK with continuing to manually use Quicken, you might want to consider simply upgrading to Quicken 2013 Deluxe and not upgrading to Quicken Classic Subscription.

If, however, you want to upgrade to Quicken Classic Subscription you will be considered a new user so you can sometimes get very nice subscription cost discounts at either Quicken.com or from various retailers such as NewEgg, Walmart, Costco, Sam's Club, Best Buy, etc.

Did this answer your question?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28 Answer ✓
    Options

If I am not mistaken, R7 is Quicken 2008. To update to the Subscription, you will need to first upgrade to Quicken 2010-2013. Then, if you wish you can upgrade to Quicken Subscription.

You can read more about the upgrade process at https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken . This is also where you can download a free copy of Quicken 2013 Deluxe.

Note that Quicken Classic Subscription is an annual subscription software. If you do not pay the subscription renewal each year you will lose all online services but will still be able to use it manually (with the exception of Starter edition which will become read-only). For many users, this is acceptable but expired Subscription software will display banners taking up 20%-30% of the Quicken screen reminding one to resubscribe. These banners can only be removed by resubscribing.

Some users find the "resubscribe" banners to be unacceptable so they opt to not upgrade from Quicken 2013 Deluxe. Quicken 2013 is the last year of pre-Subscription that remains functional on a manual basis and you will not get those "resubscribe" reminder banners. And it is free so there is no annual subscription requirement. Since you have been running Quicken 2008 it means you have been using Quicken manually. If you are OK with continuing to manually use Quicken, you might want to consider simply upgrading to Quicken 2013 Deluxe and not upgrading to Quicken Classic Subscription.

If, however, you want to upgrade to Quicken Classic Subscription you will be considered a new user so you can sometimes get very nice subscription cost discounts at either Quicken.com or from various retailers such as NewEgg, Walmart, Costco, Sam's Club, Best Buy, etc.

Did this answer your question?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• bharris59
    Options

Yes, you did answer my question. Thank you. I will upgrade to Quicken 13 Deluxe..

This discussion has been closed.