Still No Option Quotes

Options
PeteB713
PeteB713 Member ✭✭
edited March 2 in Investing (Windows)

Another wasted day with Quicken customer support. As best I can figure, Quicken hasn't been updating option quotes since last July, though it still says it does in the program. All I get from customer support is "I need to get the symbol from my broker.", but it's not my broker that is supposed to be updating the option quotes. It's Quicken. It's a Quicken problem. Fix it!

My guess. Aquiline, the latest owner, is too damned cheap to pay for a service that not a lot of people use and too dishonest to admit it. But they did update the logo. Big whoop!.

Here's a marketing idea for Aquiline. Provide the service you claim to provide.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28
    Options

I see you first raised this issue in March of 2021. Were you ever able to get option quotes to work, or did it work for a while and then stop?

Recent posts from other users indicate that the only option quotes that are available come from your broker when you download transactions but not from Quicken's quote provider.

Is that what you are seeing? In other words, are your option prices updated when you download transactions from your broker but not when you do an Update Quotes?

[edit to add] What version of Quicken are you running? I have seen some indications that you must be running Premier and up for some option-related features (not sure which)

QWin Premier subscription
  • PeteB713
    PeteB713 Member ✭✭
    Options

You sent me in the right direction back in 2021. I was able to download options using the OCC standard, though I had to add one space between the stock symbol and the option information to get it to work. It worked into July of 2023. I didn't have another option until October of 2023 and at that point the OCC symbol format no longer worked. I read that the OCC stock symbol can be up to six characters so I've tried every combination from no spaces after the symbol to 5 spaces (six characters total) to no avail.

I have the Business and Personal edition, but my broker accounts are not linked, so Quicken gets my portfolio but no account information. I don't like the idea of giving anyone access to my accounts so I don't download transactions. I read the information from the community on having Quicken use my broker account to update options and that appears to be what the customer service people want me to do, but frankly, I'd rather update them manually, which is what I've been doing.

I think the same applies to the "Real Time Quotes". I don't think you get them unless your broker account is linked to Quicken, so Quicken is not really providing the service, your broker is.

Seems disingenuous.

This discussion has been closed.