Why can I no longer edit a saved report and resave it under the same name?

Options
bebop
bebop Member
edited March 2 in Reports (Windows)

When Quicken updated the report format, I tried the new format but quickly returned to the old format because the new format wouldn't allow me to edit a saved report and then re-save it. But after a few weeks, now the old format won't let me do it either. When I click on "Save" an error says "A report with this name already exists in the folder . . . Use a different report name if you wish to save it again in this folder".

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You might want to try pulling a new default report, customize that and then save it over your existing saved report. Then pulling that saved report, customizing it and saving it should be possible, again.

Sometimes something happens to corrupt saved reports or to make them not fully compatible with default report changes. When that happens, further customization and re-saving it, again, is not possible. The only solution (at least as far as I've found and heard about from others) is to do this.

BTW, if you have multiple saved reports you might want to check them all to see if this issue also affects them. My guess is that if one saved report no longer works properly you will find that none of them do….at least that is what happens with my saved reports when I run into this issue.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• gmk3
    gmk3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It's a clear program logic error, in fact a double one. Quicken is not presenting the save dialog with the same folder the report was retrieved from. The report doesn't exist in that folder, yet it thinks it does.

• bebop
    bebop Member
    Options

Thank you for your answers. I figured out exactly what gmk3 said before I even read the response. Once I realized Quicken was trying to save my reports in a different folder, and changed the folder to the correct one, it resolved the problem.

This discussion has been closed.